Below is a list of activities that we offer on Barron Ranch. Our Montana ranch vacation or outdoor adventure are customized to you, please contact Paintbrush Adventures for any additional details or questions you might have.
Ranch Vacation Activities:
• Daily riding, as much or as little as you’d like. With 100 horses to choose from, they can match horse and rider with the best of them. All skill levels of riders are accommodated and welcomed.
• Moving cattle to new pastures and gathering strays in scenic country from the end of May right up to the fall gather in mid-October.
• Non riders can enjoy the cattle roundup riding along in the horse-drawn chuck wagon bringing up the rear and joining the cowboys around the campfire in the evening.
• Rodeos are part of the heritage here, not just an event. Both sons (Ty and Troy) tried their luck on the professional circuit before finding their way back to the family ranch. If you want to learn roping basics (from the ground), just join them in the arena almost any evening.
• Fish for trout in the Stillwater River that runs right by the ranch house, if you need a break from horseback riding.
Click Here for more Details on Ranch Vacation…
Additional Available Activities (offered with or without ranch vacation packages):
• Guided Horse Rides – 1hr, 2hr, full day with lunch to some of Montana’s scenic locations.
• Saddle & Paddle – Combo of guided horseback riding & white water rafting.
Click here for info on Adventure White Water Click here for info on Absaroka River Adventures
• Custom Made Pack Trips in the Custer National Forest which boasts a wide range of fishing experiences, wildlife viewing, horseback riding in unforgettable scenery, and campfire camaraderie.
• Drop Camp – Let us pack in your supplies while you ride or walk with us. You and your supplies will be dropped and we’ll return a few days later to pick you up. A real money-saver for the experienced camper.
• Day Hikes – We’ll guide you into the beautiful Absaroka/Beartooth Wilderness, stop for lunch, and have you back by late afternoon. These hikes can be tailored to individuals, families or groups, and persons of virtually all fitness levels.